sexta-feira, 8 de julho de 2016

Durant announces he's moving to Golden State Warriors

NBA star Kevin Durant. EFE
Oklahoma City Thunder forward and free agent Kevin Durant on Monday announced that he is leaving the team to join the ranks of the reigning NBA Western Conference champs, the Golden State Warriors, where he will play alongside Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson.

Durant announced his decision in a letter published in The Players Tribune in which he explains how he came to this decision.

"The primary mandate I had for myself in making this decision was to have it based on the potential for my growth as a player," Durant wrote.

"But I am also at a point in my life where it is of equal importance to find an opportunity that encourages my evolution as a man: moving ... to a new ... community which offers the greatest potential for my contribution and personal growth," he continued.

The 27-year-old will leave the Thunder, where he has played for nine years. He was selected by the Seattle Supersonics as the No. 2 draft pick in 2007, one year before the franchise transferred to Oklahoma City.

He was named rookie of the year in 2007 in Seattle and during his career with the Thunder the team reached the NBA finals in 2012, he was named most valuable player in the regular season in 2014, was named an NBA All Star six times between 2010 and 2016 and was selected five times as a member of the best five-man NBA squad in 2010-2014.

This past season, the Thunder was at the threshold of defeating Golden State in the Western Conference finals, taking a 3-1 series lead before the Warriors battled their way back to win the title 4-3.

"It really pains me to know that I will disappoint so many people with this choice, but I believe I am doing what I feel is the right thing at this point in my life and my playing career," Durant said.

"I will miss Oklahoma City, and the role I have had in building this remarkable team. ... (A)ll the fans and people of the community ... have always had my back unconditionally, and I cannot be more grateful for what they have meant to my family and to me," he wrote.

Source: EFE

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário