segunda-feira, 4 de abril de 2016

The Simpsons' Waylon Smithers comes out as gay

Waylon Smithers appearing in The Simpsons
In case you missed it over the weekend The Simpsons' Waylon Smithers Jr has come out as gay after 27 years in the closet.

The show was aired on TV in the States last night and it apparently came about thanks to the son of one of the show's writers.

Rob LaZebnik, who is also a co-executive producer on the long-running animated series, has a 21-year-old son named Johnny, who is gay.

"I thought 'What better way to tell my son I love him than to write a cartoon about it?"' the 53-year-old told The New York Post.

Johnny added: "The revelation that my father loves me is not much of a revelation, thankfully. He's unbelievably accepting."

Source:BBC

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário